Now. I don't usually use this space as a place to talk negatively. But I can talk to you guys, right?
- My husband was sent overseas for work. We had 48 hours notice and he will be gone for several months.
- His work told him he'd be leaving on the Tuesday so we said some very teary goodbyes. He arrived at work to be told that they'd forgot to book his flight so he came home that night for dinner and the poor kids had to go through all the goodbyes again. Extremely confusing when you are 3 years old.
- The kids were completely unsettled after his departure, so of course I left them with their grandparents and headed to the Gold Coast to attend the Problogger conference. Worst mother ever.
- Spent the week in a panic trying to pack everyone's stuff. Packed my own at the last minute, during several distractions. Arrived at the hotel and realised I forgot to pack my underpants.
- The conference was good. Full on. The sessions were generally excellent and I learned a lot.
- I also learned that I am not a beginner. I felt like I was, especially since I'd never attended a conference before. But no. Three years into this blogging caper and I'm actually pretty damn good at it. Being completely self taught, I have a real sense of pride about this. Obviously my technique works - don't know something? Google it.
- I found the social side kind of hard. After suffering an injury at a concert when I was teenager due to being crushed in the crowd (Red Hot Chilli Peppers 1996 the bad days when Dave Navarro was in the band.) I am very nervous around a lot of people. I was also really tired and feeling quite guilty for leaving the kids. So the constant introductions and meeting new people took it's toll and by the first afternoon I had to escape and have some quiet time in my room.
- Luckily I had a fab room mate in Kim. Chilled out, low maintenance and funny. Did not hog the bathroom. Likes to sing out loud with her headphones in. Respect.
- While I met some great people, there were...others. When I told one person that I wrote a blog about sewing, she laughed and said "Pffft, as if I'd ever read THAT!"
You can imagine how that made me feel.
- The weekend flew, all of a sudden it was over and I was ready to fly home to my babies.
- I was watching some TV the other night and Lucy started coughing so I got up to rub her back. Came back to discover the full packet of M&Ms I'd left on the coffee table had been stolen and eaten by my dog.
- Came home from work last night to discover that the dog had peed on the carpet in the back room, probably the night before. It STANK and was probably some kind of horrible reaction to the amount of chocolate he ingested.
- Am currently considering selling the dog on eBay.
- Lucy woke me this morning to tell me her tummy was sore. Before I could lift my head off the pillow she vomited all over my face. All over my hair. And all over my bed.
- You know what the definition of love is? Having someone vomit all over your face and you don't get mad. Rather, you worry about whether or not they are ok.
So. Would you like to get anything off your chest? Tell me your woes. I am quite aware that my tales are pretty minor in comparison to what others are going through but it's helpful to just say stuff out loud sometimes.
And also, any tips for getting the stink out of my carpet?
Thanks for listening (well, technically reading. You know what I mean.) I feel better already. xx