Sunday, December 4, 2011

Santa Baby!

I noticed lately that I make a lot more clothes for Anna than I do for Lucy. I guess that happens when you have two kidlets of the same gender - the eldest gets all the new gear while the younger ones end up wearing the hand me downs. So I decided to make something special for my littlest one.


I found this cute Santa fabric at my local Spotlight. The selvedge says 'Cute Santa' by Sugar and Spice Textiles. I only bought half a metre on a whim last week, and then while I was having a browse on pinterest I found this cute pattern and tutorial over at Prudent Baby. Perfect!

I had the yellow polka dot fabric in my scrap stash, and had just enough for the neckline and to make some bias binding to sew along the hem.


Yellow and red aren't a common christmas colour combo but it matched perfectly with the yellow in the lights on the fabric.

I was really pleased with outcome and it fits Lucy perfectly!


I have teamed it with a cute red corduroy skirt for Lucy, chances are it will be a warm day for Christmas here in the Southern Hemisphere. If you live north, these little tops are very cute over a plain long sleeved tee and some warm leggings or jeans. The pattern allows you to adjust the length so you can make it as a top or extend to make it a dress.

My model wasn't overly cooperative this morning, so this is the best shot I got of her in her Christmas outfit:


Have you done any Christmas sewing? I will be posting some more for you later this week!

Less than 24 hours to go for entries into my giveaway! Check it out!

25 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! The material is just adorable and I love the yellow trim. What a cutie-pa-tootie model you have ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! And your little model is adorable! I found you through Think Pink Sundays. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I think I remember seeing that fabric at my last spotlight trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric choices, Ros and a great little top. Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that fabric! and she looks so precious too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Outfit Ros. I love free pattern and tutorial. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable, perfect match for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!!!ur daughter is looking so cute in this dress...

    ReplyDelete
  9. super adorable and I love the colour combination :-) thanks for linking to the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that fabric! I think yellow and red should be the new Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to come check me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! She's such a cutey!!! I still haven't found the time to make bubs xmas outfit yet :S

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooops, I'm sorry Ros! Glad you dropped by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute! That fabric is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute!

    When you get a chance - love for you to link up to my "Made by ME" linky party: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/12/made-by-me-9-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! Thanks for sharing :).

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww... it looks so so cute on her!! Great job! New follower here. Would love it you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/bedazzle-me-monday-11.html

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! I've downloaded the pattern via pinterest as well, but haven't used it yet - you might be the inspiration I need...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors! The red and yellow are adorable together. Your little girl is pretty cute too :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those fabrics are adorable! And that little girl is delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOU HAVE BEEN FEATURED ON COM, WOOT WOOT. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there. You commented on a Teacher Gift post of mine. Love the fabric for the snappy top. I have the hardest time with this top!! Eek! Hopefully the more sewing I can do, the better I can get at this shirt because it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...