Monday, October 17, 2011

That's very Pinteresting!

Ahh Pinterest. Was there ever another time waster like it? Umm yes, Facebook actually. And reading blogs endlessly, and... yeah you get the picture.

                                                               Source: www-en-rhed-ando.blogspot.com via Roslyn on Pinterest


But Pinterest. So addictive! If you are a follower of mine you might have noticed I have been pinning a lot of humourous pictures lately. Reason - my sister Kirsten has joined Pinterest in the last week, and I have made it my mission to make her burst into uncontrollable laughter every morning at work.

We are both Harry Potter and Twilight nerds, so this has caused some fits of hysteria between us:

                                                                         Source: tumblr.com via Roslyn on Pinterest


Then there is the ridiculously cute stuff like this baby hippo:

                                                                             Source: thechive.com via Roslyn on Pinterest

But really - some of the crafts and sewing stuff you find on there are just beautiful and amazing.

                                                                       Source: needleandspatula.com via Roslyn on Pinterest

Like this gorgeous purse tutorial -  I made one as a gift for my swap partner (stay tuned for some posts about that!)

                                                                           Source: etsy.com via Roslyn on Pinterest

And given that our dog Pharlap is a dachshund, I have some serious plans for a dress like this for Anna. Love it!

This post could go one forever about the cool stuff I've found. Cass over at Cass Can Sew made me laugh with this post earlier in the week.So if you want a good laugh or to see what other crafty things I've found, feel free to click on my pinterest button on my sidebar and have a look at my boards yourself, and follow me if you like!

Before I go, here is just one more for Kirsten:

                                                                              Source: etsy.com via Roslyn on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. YES! YES! YES! And look at this blog I found... It looks new so I am watching and waiting...

    http://verypinteresting.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. First there was Facebook. Now there is blogging. I am not (she says hopefully) going to become addicted to Pinterest...LOL!!! I don't have enough hours in the day to become addicted to yet another thing... LOL!!! I did actually join for the Retro Pillow Challenge, but have so far managed to use it very little. I do, however, love the 'My sister has the best sister in the world' picture. I'm going to send that one to my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ros! Thanks for being my first follower! Uh-oh, more blogs for me to spend my housework hours in... Your sewing is just gorgeous! I scrap coz i can't sew for nuts. Can't wait to see more of your work. Cheers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little zipper purse... you may have something similar coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blogger friend and I are starting "Project Pinterest" on November 3rd! We'd love to have you like up with us!
    http://randomthoughtsfromamomsperspective.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-pinteresting.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ros, I haven't checked out Pinterest yet but it seems that everyone else has, LOL Must head over there and do some research. Thanks for sharing your fun stuff. I have recently found your blog and am now following. Please pop on over to mine and perhaps you would like to follow me also. I would really like that. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...