Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Craft & Sewing Show is coming!

Hello Melburnian crafters! I am really excited that the Craft and Sewing Show is coming to town next week!


I'm planning a girl's day out with my friend Lyndelle from Little Olly. There are a few things I want to accomplish, and based on the great list of exhibitors it should be very easy!

I want to check out overlockers (sergers) - I'd like to start including a neater more professional finish to the clothing I make for my girls. Until now, the old zig-zag stitch has been enough, but so I can drop some hints to Santa this Christmas, I need to do some research! All the various machine companies have an exhibit. Twice a day, Bernina is offering a one hour course on overlocking for only $10 at their stand, and you get to take home the project you make, so I think I'll have to sign up!
 
Next, I plan to have a look for some good quality rubber stamps. Lately I've started making my own cards for birthdays, new babies and thank yous, and I would like to keep going and make a bunch of Christmas cards and gift tags. 

                                                 Source: fab.com via Roslyn on Pinterest


Of course, as a fabric addict, I will be digging through all the fat quarter baskets and browsing the bolts at all the stands selling fabrics!

                                                                 Source: thehumblenest.com via Roslyn on Pinterest



I have been checking out the website and there seems are heaps of fabulous exhibitors and activities so I'm sure some serious impulse shopping will be in order too. The show is on at the Caulfield Racecourse from October 27-30. Don't forget to like them on Facebook so you can get updates on everything to do with the show.


Crafters in other states - did you go this year? If you did, tell me what you liked best! Melbourne crafters - see you there!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see it advertised so missed it. It sounds like it will be well worthwhile. Have fun and look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...