Thursday, November 14, 2013

Home Sweet Home

While our two weeks in Vietnam was amazing, there is nothing quite like coming home. One of the highlights of the whole trip was walking through the door to an onslaught of excited kisses and cuddles from the girls. What a greeting, and I really needed it after not seeing their faces for fourteen entire days.

Our trip was pretty relaxed, 8 days in Ho Chi Minh City and 5 days in Phu Quoc Island. I can't wait to share with you some of the experiences we had but unfortunately I'll have to wait - last night I realised that we'd left the camera cables and charger in the hotel room. Bummer. The hotel is sending them to us, so for now I've only got a couple of pics I snapped on my phone.


Ho Chi Minh City (also called Saigon) was my kind of town. Insanely busy, hot and humid, with something being sold on every street corner. The constant noise of horns blaring in the traffic which is is a streaming chaotic mess of motorbikes, buses and a few cars. Crossing the road is an art form and you have to have your wits about you. Vendors selling street food everywhere, beers for 70c, that magic elixir of Cafe Sua Da - Vietnamese iced coffee made with condensed milk, SO GOOD. I don't actually drink coffee, but I loved that! We shopped, we walked, we ate, we drank and we soaked it up. And then when it got a bit too much, we relaxed by the pool at our hotel.


We took a step back when we arrived at Phu Quoc Island, which is just off the west coast of Vietnam. We sat by the pool, had meals on the beach, and just did nothing. I feel like my batteries were recharged in those five days. It was awesome to just hang out with my husband - it's been a long time since we've spent several days alone together.

By the end I was ready to come home. Nothing like some time in a developing country to make you realise how lucky you are, how my life is actually the stuff of dreams, and how amazing it is to live in Australia. And when I boarded that plane, I didn't look back and I thought "OK Mr Pilot, take me home to my babies."

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome experience for you! PS... I'm still dirty that you didn't send me a postcard! :-P
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, welcome home!! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fab trip. Like I said before, I'm so jealous. Can't wait to hear more about your trip and see some more photos x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwee takes me back to my trip to Cambodia, exploring for half a day and then relaxing and eating :) Cant wait to see some more pictures and hear some more stories! Was there fabric there? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful get-away with your hubby. I'd love to go to Vietnam one day, it looks so colourful and eclectic. Lovely gratitude too. Welcome home:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home Ros!! Look forward to seeing some more photos. Glad you can get your cables back..phew!
    How exciting it must have been to see Lucy and Anna! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always lovely to come home, I agree. So pleased that you had a lovely time and I look forward to seeing more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home just from the phone pics it looks like you had a great time. Always nice to get away from the kids and always nice to come home to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, Ros, sounds amazing, but you actually made me a little teary at the end of that post! Looking forward to hearing more...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're home. I was worried about you and that typhoon. Nothing like coming home.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back home Ros! Glad to hear you had a great trip. Looking forward to hear more about it and see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...