Saturday, November 9, 2013

Colour Palette: Aqua & Grey

I've always thought that I used a wide variety of colours, but recently I've looked back over a few of my sewing projects and realised that there was a pattern emerging. It seems I'm a big fan of aqua and grey!

My Quilted Sewing Machine Cover is possibly one of my favourite projects to date. The fabric came from a charm pack of Half Moon Modern by Moda. I chose the aqua, grey and red from the charm pack and loved the combination immediately! Red and pink goes well with his colour palette if you are looking to add a third shade into the mix.

I continued the trend with the fabric basket, and most recently was asked to make a quilt for an Ovarian Cancer Awareness fundraiser. Teal is the colour associated with Ovarian Cancer Awareness so I used a palette of teal, grey and white fabric to complete the quilt. I was a bit sad to hand it over for the auction - I might have to make another one for myself!


Another firm favourite for me is the grey dandlion print fabric in this quilt and used for the fabric basket. It is a home decorator weight fabric I bought on a whim and I'm so glad I did - I've used it so often!

I'm starting to incorporate brights in with the aqua fabrics to bring in pops of colour, like in this pouch. It's a great scrap buster and I'm making one every couple of weeks and stashing them away for teacher gifts


What colours are inspiring you at the moment?

3 comments:

  1. I am just in love with those exact colors right now! Have to get sewing and stop buying and stashing them!! Looking now for some in Christmas colors. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to pick a favourite colour. I love the combo you have and it's very 'Ros'! I think it would also work with orange or yellow as well as red and pink like you said. I'm loving emerald green this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing in particular is inspiring me at the moment, but I have always loved certain colour combinations, such as black and red, and blue and brown or orange.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...