Thursday, October 4, 2012

Catching Up

Hello! I'm back!

Well, I never really left. I have really missed writing more personal posts over the past month while my Basics Series has been on! Here are a few things that have been happening around here lately.


I made a start on my Christmas sewing. I bought up a few gorgeous fabrics earlier in the year when Spotlight were clearing their Christmas range. This skirt sold quickly after I posted the picture on facebook but I've since made a couple more and plan to have them in the shop later this week.

My baby girl is no longer a baby - she started walking about three weeks ago and is now a fiercely independent toddler. Good news in part because I don't have to carry her around anymore, bad news because grocery shopping with two busy girls just got a whole lot harder.



A not so good thing that happened last month - I sent my husband to the shops to buy curry paste. Ended up being the most expensive jar of curry paste EVER!

Bumper bar

He had a car accident at the end of our street. That was what was left of the front of our car. No one was hurt thankfully (except his pride may have been somewhat dented for a couple of days.) We only have one car so my parents in law have loaned us their second car which is really great. Hopefully our car will be repaired and ready to collect in the next couple of days.

Spring has really 'sprung' here in Melbourne and we are having some beautiful days. Hooray! Winter is my nemesis. I will not miss it. Being cooped up inside with two bored kids doesn't help. It's lovely to open up the doors and have the kids play outside.

Purple pansy #spring #flower

I love this picture of a purple pansy in our garden! I took it on my phone via Instagram - I recently joined! It's lots of fun and very beautiful looking at everyone's gorgeous pictures. My user name is @sewdeliciousros, so if you are also on Instagram you can see more of my pictures and works in progress there!

I bit the bullet and bought some fabric from the Lucy's Crab Shack range by Sweetwater for Moda. I was lucky enough to win a charm pack from a Fat Quarter Shop giveaway a while ago and I made a bunch of pin wheels. (You might remember them from this post.) My friend Georgia has been doing the Block of the Month class over on Craftsy and when I visited her this past weekend her blocks looked amazing and I was totally inspired. So I've decided to get on with it and my goal is to have a cot sized quilt for Lucy done by Christmas.

Lucy's Crab Shack by Sweetwater for Moda
I hope you enjoyed the Back to {Sewing} Basics series - it was great fun putting it together and I couldn't have done it without my wonderful friends and contributors Jenny, Cass, Pam, Rachael and Danny - thanks so much - your posts were fantastic and I really appreciate your contribution to the series!

So with a blog series, a newly walking toddler, a car accident, a trip to the country, a couple of special birthday cakes made for friends, lots of sewing projects, and a wonderful surprise parcel in the mail, it has been a really busy month! More details on some of those things are coming :) How has your month been?

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your basics series!
    I found it motivating too; I've been sewing up a storm.. I even tried out some new feet!
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your basics series, love the skirt, can't wait to have Santa photos in it! May October be a better month for you. I'm also totally jealous, I'm beginning to think my Max is never going to walk and he is heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so don't want to know that Christmas is approaching... LOL!!! Have fun quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Glad nobody was hurt in the crash! It's so crazy to see that spring is starting in Australia while fall is just starting here! This world is amazing. And your daughter is so precious!! Good luck at your next grocery outing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I'm a new follower, looking forward to exploring your basics series in more detail.

    I've recently discovered embroidery too, it can be really effective.

    Sarabeth
    Life of an Agnostic Sunday School Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of dear, what a week. Thankfully no one was hurt in the accident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to read about the accident Ros. I loved your series and have bookmarked the embroidery post. I'm definitely getting started on this. Been wanting to do this for years. Thanks!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...