As I organise myself for the year ahead (with my brand new fancy Kikki K diary - big thanks to my sister for that Christmas present!) here is what I know.
- I'll aim to get my stash down but I'll probably spend the GDP of a small country at Spotlight and only realise once all the receipts are tallied in July for tax time.
- I will still browse all my favourite online fabric stores and fill up the cart. But I won't press 'purchase' because the Australian dollar is currently in the toilet. Boohoo.
- I'll pin pretty quilts and have plans to make really intricate designs but then I'll give up after making a hash of the first block.
- I'll plan to sew along to some cool indie Pandora station but then I'll get fed up that I can't sing along loudly to the music and I'll switch to Beyonce or Fleetwoood Mac within about three songs.
- I'll have an amazing light bulb Oprah style ah-ha moment for a blog tutorial and realise once I've completed the project that Pinterest is littered with several much better versions of what I thought was an original idea.
- I'll buy a fancy pattern with ambitions to sew a detailed dress for myself. Then I won't even open the pattern envelope.
- Someone will ask me to make something and offer to pay me the about 10% of the cost of the materials and I will feel awkward and have long in depth conversations agonising over it with my frustrated husband who can't understand why I don't just say NO.
- I'll have a clean out of my stash and feel all wonderful and smug and two weeks later I'll realise I threw out something I really really need.
- Sssshhh my daughter's school and ballet teachers will never know that I sew...and I'll avoid all conversations about costume making for concerts.
Can you relate?
Happy New Year!