Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dress A Girl Around The World

The April project over at Hopeful Threads is to sew dresses for the Dress A Girl Around The World organisation. I haven't made a dress in a while and it's been bugging me, so this was a perfect project!

dag button2

A while ago a lovely relative of mine who has given up sewing gave me an enormous packing box full of fabric. Another reason to do this project is that I need to do some serious stash busting! I pulled out a bright and colourful floral tropical type print and used the gorgeous infant peasant dress pattern and tutorial from Sew Much Ado to make two of these little dresses -


There is still plenty of time left in April to make a dress for this project - the aim is to get to 100 dresses and I'm sure Hopeful Threads will easily make this target! If you have a spare hour and a pillowcase or maybe you need to do some stash busting too, make sure you pop over to Hopeful Threads and check out the details of the April project. Kristy has also put together this great list of free dress tutorials, which is a handy resource to pin or bookmark!

If you do make one, I'd love to see it! Post a link in my comments or on my Facebook page!

10 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Thanks so much for participating and helping spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew Cute!! Thanks for sharing the word about this wonderful organization... if you would like to see what we are doing in Washington State... http://sewdelightful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this one.. I'm not such a fan of the pillow case dress so I'm working on some cute alternative and this is adorable!! I definitely need to clean out my stash so may just whip one of these up over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... that's so pretty! I'm making a dress for Dress A Girl today. Emily wants to make one too! Such a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such bright, fun fabric!!! I love it, Ros!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project, and for a great cause too. Thanks for sharing, and for the heads up about that gorgeous pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, this it my first time visiting you blog, it is very lovely. Beautiful project for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the peasant dress!! The colours are so bright and pretty, this will be a well-loved dress by some happy, little girl. :) I found your blog through Threading My Way, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...