Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mother's Day Sewing Projects



Mother's Day is coming up in Australia and the US on May 10 so I thought I'd share some great projects that would make a lovely gift for your Mum.

Maybe you don't have time to sew something? If not, check out this Mother's Day gift guide I put together last year!

A new bag is a practical gift and this one is an easy sew.


Pattern and fabric details are here.

You could make your Mum a new sewing machine cover.


Find my tutorial here, and make one for your machine too while you are at it!

A zip pouch is a simple and quick gift - fill it with some goodies that you know your Mum would love - chocolates, a new lipstick, a packet of her favourite tea or coffee.



This one is a very quick sew - embroidery hoop pocket storage. You could use this for anything - sewing items, stationery, art tools, knitting and crochet hooks and needles, small cooking utensils.


Check out my embroidery hoop tutorial here.

Maybe a cushion for your Mum?


All the details on this one are here. It's so pretty and a fantastic scrap buster.

Nothing here that's quite right? Perhaps check out my Sewing Projects & Tutorials Pinterest board - I'm forever pinning fun looking sewing projects that I'd love to try!

2 comments:

  1. Calico fabric has very durable fabric. You can also buy other sewing materials from them. Just head over to their site (calicolaine.co.uk) to check them out. If you don't live nearby, they offer a pretty good deal for shipping.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...