Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Voile Bess Top

Let's get this Selfish Sewing Week party started! First up is my Bess top.


I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester for this top which is the latest pattern designed by Rachael, who is coincidentally one of the hosts of Selfish Sewing Week.


I like wearing woven fabrics for summer - they have a nice light touch against the skin and they breathe well in hot weather. I used a lovely soft cotton voile that I bought at my local fabric store.

This modelling thing takes serious concentration.

This pattern has a pretty cool feature - all though there are sleeves, there are only two pattern pieces! Yep - two! I have no idea how Rachael came up with this genius design, but the sleeves are part of the back pattern piece and fold over the shoulder to create the sleeves. There is also a cute pleat detail on the shoulder, which is hard to see due to the print of the fabric, but is a nice feature to notice close up.


I topstitched with yellow and I love it - I tend to use white thread for so many projects, it's always great to sew with colour.


You can find the Bess pattern here. Huge thanks to Abby for snapping these pics for me! We had a lovely afternoon eating doughnuts, talking fabric and cuddling her cute baby boy.

8 comments:

  1. It looks fab, Ros. The Bess top is on my to sew list very soon. Not sure when though. Hopefully before the end of October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its LOVELY!! I love the fabric and looks like a great comfy style. the top pic is so nice of you - you should update it to your profile pic!!! Where did you get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great Summer top, Ros!!! Love the print on the fabric. I'm with you on liking light woven fabrics in Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos of you are just gorgeous Ros. I was going to say you've got good photographers in Anna and Lucy. *wink wink* Great idea for the pattern too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this top. Very cool fabric too! I was wondering who your photographer was. Lovely pics xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ros, this looks great on you. And your hair is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely top Ros! I really love it on you, the print is so nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Very cute! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...