Saturday, July 7, 2012

Molly's Birthday Jacket

If you are one of my Facebook buddies you will have seen this jacket as a work in progress. Today I get to reveal the finished product as modelled by the birthday girl herself!


Molly, who is the daughter of our close friends Rupert & Jacky, and is also Trevor's god-daughter, turned five a couple of weeks ago. She is the eldest of the gang of four girls we have between us.


The jacket is the second time I've made the Uptown Girl pattern by Make It Perfect. I used a butterfly print cotton for the outer fabric and a coral coloured fleece for the interior, both from Spotlight. The buttons are from my big op-shop stash - I don't think I've ever bought buttons brand new. I chose the fabric and colours deliberately to avoid pink and also to avoid anything too babyish. There are a lot of baby-centric fabrics around but not a lot for older children - do you agree?


The girls had a great time playing outside during this photo shoot, we all have a bit of cabin fever because the weather has been so cold and wet this winter.

Anna is wearing her Uptown Girl Jacket as well - you can read more about her jacket here.


Piper wanted to be in the pictures too, but was a bit camera shy...unlike the other two :)


Lots of fun outside, then it started to rain so we went back inside and played fairy and mermaid dress-ups. Anna has now requested a mermaid tail, so I better add that to my sewing to-do list!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the fabrics you've chosen, Ros!!! Another beautiful, yet practical jacket. Looks like the two girls had fun with the photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's lovely!
    I completely agree with you about the lack of kids fabrics out there, plenty for toddler but not the 5-10 demographic. But the one you picked works really well, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful jacket and lovely photos of the girls. Job well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous jacket! Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Ros, love the fabrics you chose:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this on my to-do list. I think I should make the size bigger as it won't get much wear this winter! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! My 2 year old would love this. I am still on the hunt for a go-to jacket pattern, will have to check this out!
    Come by sometime, I have 2 girls so I love following other "girlie" bloggers!
    Catherine
    http://tbc-tobecontinued.blogspot.com/2012/07/simple-summer-dress.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...