Monday, April 30, 2012

Covert Robin Gifts for Jill

A couple of weeks ago I guest posted for Jill from Made with Moxie to share the Covert Robin gifts I made for her. In case you missed it, here they are!

This swap was a tricky one - I couldn't make a final decision on what to make for Jill and I kept stressing that it wouldn't be good enough! I am a bit too hard on myself!  In the end I settled on three things:


First, I made a denim tote. I used some dark denim and top stitched it in hot pink and finished it with a heart shaped black button. Inside it is lined with a fun cherry print.


When I participate in swaps I like to stalk check out my recipient's blog and Pinterest boards to see what their style is. Jill's blog logo kept popping into my mind (see it HERE), so I used some black and white felt and made her a pin of her blog logo. I pinned it to her bag, so when she goes to the grocery store someone might say "what's that?" and she can say "the logo for my blog / etsy store"...cue conversation and potential customer!


And finally as someone else who loves fabric and sewing, I knew Jill would love a zip pouch made from selvedge. Its a project I started a while ago, and I put it aside for ages waiting for the right reason to finish it. The Covert Robin swap came along so I finished it with Jill in mind.


And the other side:


And what is an international gift without a selection of local delicacies?



Thanks to Australia Post's terrible slowness, I have not recieved my gift yet, but I know it will be worth the wait! To my Covert Robin if you are reading this, I am really excited to find out who you are and have you guest post about what you made!

I am linking this post to the Covert Robin link party - pay it a visit and see all the amazing handmade gifts the participants made each other!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cool bag! I'm always nervous when sending something I've made to another crafty person too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that selvedge pouch!! The rest of the goodies are awesome too! Lucky swap partner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look great, Ros!!! I especially like the selvedge pouch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salvedged pouch is very cute. I never remember to save my salvedges. I am not sure why as I seem to save everything . I'm sure your swap partner will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...