Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gifts for Amanda

As you know from my last post, I participated in the Craftaholics Anonymous Gift Swap. Such fun!


I made three items for my swap partner Amanda - the first one is the Buttercup bag which is a gorgeous pattern designed by Rae from Made by Rae. After I had made it, I was having a look at Amanda's pinterest boards, and she had a buttercup bag pinned! Hurrah!


It was my first time using this pattern and it was really easy, a really good bag for a beginner. Next time I will work out how to sew the straps into the lining. I used Amy Butler Lotus Wall Flower in Cherry and added a vintage button from my op shop stash to embellish.

I also made Amanda a cute suzy-homemaker style apron using some Christmas fabric. Here it is being modelled by yours truly.


Love the squinty face! (It was a really sunny day!) Here is the front view:


This is one of the prettier Christmas fabrics around, it is 12 Days Of Christmas by Kate Spain for Moda. I trimmed it with some white bias binding and used some red polka dot from my stash for the waistband, and some satin ribbon for the sash. The design was based on an apron tutorial from the book 'The Crafty Minx' by Kelly Doust, but I made a few changes.

And last but not least, I made a little felt Christmas Tree ornament.


Love that vintage star button at the top, and I had some gold embroidery floss to stitch it on with. I used pinking shears to give the edges a more tree like appearance.

So there you have it! If you are considering participating in craft swaps - DO IT! It is a lovely way to meet new people and see what other people's fabulous talents are!

Linking here with other creative people today, as well as lots of other great link parties - check out my link party page.

22 comments:

  1. hy Roslyn,
    just found your space...excellent space you have...very interesting posts with stunning cliks..
    Am your happy follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made three fantastic items for the swap, Ros. The buttercup bag looks great in that fabric. The red polka dot contrasts well with the Christmas fabric. I bought that material on sale at the beginning of this year, but haven't used it yet. I haven't entered a swap yet. I'll have to keep a look out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well look at you being all cute! I love the gifts you made! They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bag and that apron is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh they are all just gorgeous and I'm sure your recipient will LOVE them....xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, all so beautiful! but really loving that Christmas apron:)Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the apron. Makes me want to make one for myself. I'd love for you to link it up to my Feature Friday Linky Party

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/search/label/feature%20friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ros! These are GREAT gifts. I would have LOVED to have been your partner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that bag - that's definitely going on my list of things to make for me some day! I hope Amanda liked all those gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the button tree!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fabric you chose for the apron. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That turned out so cute! I love your apron!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an adorable apron! Looks great with your little, black dress.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bag and the apron!! Great swap :) How fun!
    Lina @ Fancy Frugal Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh isn't that just adorable... I just participated in a Tag Swap and Loved it.... I would love for you to stop by and share it at http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-party1/

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are great I adore the bag I'd love it if you would add them to my What We Wore and Made link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Buttercup bag (love the fabric!) and the apron is fantastic! The bags Amanda made for you are great, too!
    I participated in the Gift Exchange as well...I made out with some great gifts and made a great friend, too. I'm still making my way round all the gift links!
    Take care!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love it!!! :) I have been meaning to make myself a buttercup bag for the past 2 years... I really should get to it - huh?
    Cute apron - everyone needs a christmas apron. :) I got one when I hosted the Sunshine in the Mail swap earlier in 2011. If you hear of any great swaps, if you think of me, drop me a line! :)
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this apron. Very cute fabric!

    I am hosting a Sunday Blog Hop on Blissful and Domestic and would love for you to link up:>

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-blog-hop-1_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the apron! The print is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ros, I've featured your Christmas apron today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/03/threading-your-way-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...